Items that your Portland area Custom Built Home Must Have.
By Delahunt Homes: Custom Homes built for Luxury.
When planning to build your new home, the thought of how you want your house to look is always on your mind. What about the extra things that makes brings your home to the next level of enjoyment for you and your family.
Let me guess, pools, saunas, in-home gyms, backyard tennis courts, game rooms, and fully-stocked kitchens come to mind. But what luxury items do home buyers want most. Have a look at these coveted amenities, and see if these are something that you may have not thought of when building your home.
· Open Floor Plans: grand entryways with large two-story staircase and expansive, airy open floor plans are wanted by many home owners. According to a survey done by Coldwell Banker, this is the number one coveted amenity that home buyers want.
· Technology: I bet this didn’t surprise you. In this fast changing world of technology, it only makes sense to add technology perks to your home. Today’s homebuyers want all the bells and whistles when it comes to technology. Twenty years ago if I told you that you could lock your front door, and turn on the alarm system to your house from your phone, you’d probably think I was crazy. In this day and age, it’s very possible to do this and much more.
· Fully-Stocked Kitchens: kitchens are the heart of your home! Why wouldn’t you want to make it all that it can be? An affluent kitchen will always contain warming draws, wine fridges, restaurant quality appliances, and plenty of storage via a walk-in pantry.
· Outdoor Kitchens and Pool: Not always the most practical for someplace like the Pacific NW, but there are ways around it. Having a cozy outdoor living space is simply a must. The ideal outdoor kitchen would include a built-in gas grill, a sink and stainless food prep area, a small fridge for food and drink storage, and plenty of lavish stone patio seating areas for entertaining. Large pools, hot tubs and changing areas are also a top priority on the list.
· Location, Location, Location: We all want to have our home in a place that we enjoy the land and the view. Some people enjoy living in a private location away from prying eyes, whereas others enjoy the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Building your home where your feel most comfortable is a must in the decision making process.
· Game and Theatre Rooms: This is an older coveted amenities, but still something that many home owners want in their homes. Having this private room to exhibit your favorite movies, and loved games is a nice perk. Skip the trip to the movie theater where you are over charged to sit in a room with sticky floors and terrible seating.
· Spa Bathroom: Who doesn’t want to be pampered without leaving the comfort of their home? Spa bathrooms must include massive walk-in showers with head-to-toe shower jets, floor with radiant heat, towel warmers, and of course a huge soaker tube where one can escape the stresses of the world.
· In-House Gyms: Why pack yourself down to the gym when you can work out at home? The gym needs to include a space for weights and equipment, but would also include build-in wireless speakers for television and music, and of course, a sauna and indoor pool for post- work out.
· Bedrooms fit for Royalty: Your bedroom is the place where you spend most of your time relaxing and unwinding from a hard day. It should be designed to reflect relaxation. Your rooms must be large open space with room for a massive bed and plenty of seating area. Top-notch technology is also desired in this private abode. With build-in automation systems for lighting, security, remote control window shades and climate control topping the list of bedroom must-haves.
· Walk- in Closets: With a beautiful bedroom fit for royalty, a room wouldn’t be complete without an amazing closet to showcase all your beautiful clothing and shoes. Women and men alike seem to have an increasing desire for a large separate room for dressing. This room would require walls lined with cedar shelves, racks to display shoes, purses and neckties, and of course plenty of lighting and mirrors to model your chosen outfits or apply makeup.
Of course your version of must have amenities may change drastically, but this is just a generalized list of what other home owners have said that they love about their homes. Not to mention all of these amenities are customizable to your tastes and styles. When you talk to your home builder, take this list with you and see if you can’t add some of these fun perks to your home.
Latest posts by Todd Delahunt (see all)
- 9 Kitchen Trends You’ll See Everywhere in 2017 — And One That’s on the Way Out - April 17, 2017
- The Best Curb Appeal Updates for 2017 - April 4, 2017
- how to make your front porch the best in the neighborhood - March 22, 2017