By Todd Delahunt – Delahunt Homes, Portland Oregon
Insulating your custom home is how you will keep it a comfortable temperature, and helps improve you custom homes energy efficiency. There are so many different types of insulation that you can use in your custom home, here are some suggestions:
- Foam Mineral Wool
- Concrete blocks
- Foam board or ridged foam
- Insulation concrete forms
- Spray foam
- Structural insulated panels
The most common types of insulation used in custom homes are fiberglass, cellulose and foam. Depending on the region and climate, your custom home builder may also use mineral wool, concrete blocks; foam board or rigid foam; insulating concrete forms; spray foam; and structural insulated panels.
If you would like to see the next step in the process to building custom homes, have a look at the post in this series by Delahunt Homes.
Latest posts by Todd Delahunt (see all)
- 9 Kitchen Trends You’ll See Everywhere in 2017 — And One That’s on the Way Out - April 17, 2017
- The Best Curb Appeal Updates for 2017 - April 4, 2017
- how to make your front porch the best in the neighborhood - March 22, 2017